Company, Legal entity, Data Area ID--What's the Difference?
- You can mark a company as a Consolidation company. This is the only type of company that allows a consolidation to be run. This type of company cannot have regular transactions.
- You can mark a company as an Elimination company. This is the only type of company that allows elimination rules to be created and run. This type of company cannot have regular transactions.
- You can mark a company as both an Elimination and a Consolidation. This allows both consolidations and eliminations to be performed in the same company.
- The country code that you link to the primary address on the legal entity controls the country specific features that are enabled for each legal entity. This is different than previous versions of Dynamics AX where you had to turn configuration keys on and off and the control is not at a legal entity level.
- The company ID is what the DataAreaID is. Every transactions that is performed in each legal entity is stamped with the company ID in a column in each table called the DataAreaID. Some tables do not have a data area ID. In that case the data is shared across all the companies.