Workflow Editor won't open in Dynamics 365 for Operations
- Download and install a an Extension to support one-click installation.
- Enable the extension (this should happen automatically when you install it) In my case, I was using Incognito mode, so I had to enable the extension specifically for Incognito mode. I almost always use Incognito mode when I am demoing because I use one domain and user name for demos and a different one for my real work. By using the Incognito mode, I ensure that I don't accidently demo something from my real Office 365 account that I use to do my day to day business.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome button in the upper right corner of the browser
- On the Chrome Settings page, click Extensions on the left navigation bar.
- Then find your extension in the list.
- Make sure the Enabled check box is selected.
- Optionally, select the Allow in incognito check box to allow this to be used while in incognito mode.